By focusing on the cultural traditions and colonial histories of broad regions rather than of individual nations, the book demonstrates how context shapes ordinary citizens' views on what is justifiable during times of war, as well as more nebulous concepts of patriotism and security. Defines war-related concepts from the unique perspectives of Western Europe, U.
Provides an integrative summary of definitions and points of view. Considers implications for peace and reconciliation. As a reflection of the changing global landscape, the International Handbook of War, Torture, and Terrorism deserves to be read by a wide range of researchers in peace psychology, political science, sociology, and anthropology. Product details Format Hardback pages Dimensions x x Other books in this series. Forgiveness and Reconciliation Ani Kalayjian.
Add to basket. Peace Psychology in Australia Diane Bretherton. Conflict, Interdependence, and Justice Peter T. Methodologies in Peace Psychology Diane Bretherton. Personal Peacefulness Gregory K.
Global Terrorism Database
Peace Psychology in the Balkans Olivera Simic. Psychosocial Perspectives on Peacebuilding Brandon Hamber. Back cover copy Armed conflict, on domestic or foreign soil, impacts people's daily lives and shapes policy around the world. Table of contents Part I. Perspectives on National Security. Latin America. Perspectives on Protest. Apology and Forgiveness. Byman, D. Collins, J.
International Handbook of War, Torture, and Terrorism : Kathleen M. Malley-Morrison :
Croft, S. Egerton, F. Fisher, K. Jarvis and M. Lister , eds. George, A. George , ed. Cambridge: Polity, pp. Western State Terrorism, Cambridge: Polity. Gunning, J. Hayward, K.
- Manufacturing Systems Modeling and Analysis!
- Professor Ben Saul;
- Professor Ben Saul.
- Top Authors!
Heath-Kelly, C. Herman, E. Herring, E.
Holden, W. Holland, J. Horgan, J. Jackson, R. Abingdon: Routledge, pp.
Jarvis, L. Jones, M. Joseph, J. Krause, K. Kundnani, A. Lister, M. Lutz, J. McDonald, M. McKeown, A. Michel, T. Mueller, J. Murphy, E. Prixit, D. Puar, J. Ragazzi, F.
- War on Terror - Wikipedia!
- Library Resources - Terrorism - LibGuides at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Just Jackie: Her Private Years;
- Interpretation and Overinterpretation (Tanner Lectures in Human Values).
- Oxford Public International Law: Browse?
- Selected publications?
- International Handbook of War, Torture, and Terrorism!
- Research Handbook on International Law and Terrorism - ISS Africa!
- Guide International Handbook of War, Torture, and Terrorism (Peace Psychology Book Series).
- Universals: An Opinionated Introduction.
- Advances in Banking Technology and Management: Impacts of Ict and Crm.
- Critical Terrorism Studies After 9/11;
- Jane and His Lordships Legacy;
Ranstorp, M. Schmid, A.
Schmid , ed. Shepherd, L. Silberstein, S. Silke, A. Sjoberg, L. Sluka, J. Stampnitzky, L. Stohl, M. Terrible Beyond Endurance? Stokes, D. Stump, J. Sylvester, C. Toros, H.
Weinberg, L. Wild, P. Zulaika, J. Related chapters The Language of Counterterr Buy Softcover. FAQ Policy.
Defines war-related concepts from the unique perspectives of Western Europe, U. Provides an integrative summary of definitions and points of view. Considers implications for peace and reconciliation.
Show all. Regina E.